Get answers to frequently asked questions about YeheyRemit.
All registrants must have a working email address. For foreigners, prepare your Residence Card and My Number Card. For Japanese citizens, prepare a valid Japanese ID card such as a driver’s license or passport.
No. A working email address is required for account verification, transaction notification, and pin recovery.
Yes. Enter a zero (0) while signing up when asked to provide a phone number. Note that mobile numbers intended for roaming are not accepted.
If you do not yet have a My Number IC Card, you may instead submit the Notification Card or a Juminhyo with My Number.
The verification will be sent to the email address you used to register. If the code does not appear in your inbox within 5 minutes, tap on the “Resend” button. You may also check your spam and junk folders.
“Important foreign public figures” (foreign PEPs) are those who fall under 1 and 2 below.
1. Those who fall under the following “persons with important foreign public status” or those who have been these persons in the past:
- Head of State
- Positions equivalent to the Prime Minister and other Ministers of State and Deputy
- Ministers in Japan
- Positions equivalent to the chairman of the House of Representatives, the vice-chairman of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the House of Councilors, or the vice-chairman of the House of Councilors in Japan
- A position equivalent to a judge of the Supreme Court in Japan
- Positions equivalent to envoys, envoys, envoys, government representatives, or envoys in Japan
- Positions equivalent to the Chief of Staff, Joint Staff, Deputy Chief of Staff, Ground Staff, Deputy Chief of Staff, Maritime Staff, Deputy Chief of Staff, Air Staff, or Deputy Chief of Staff in Japan
- Central bank officer
- Corporate officers who must pass a parliamentary vote or approve the budget
2. Relatives of those listed in 1. above (spouse (including common-law marriage), parents, children, siblings, and parents and children of spouses other than these)
Approval typically will not take longer than one (1) hour as long as registration is completed during business hours. If one business day has passed and your application still has not been processed, get in touch with our customer service team for assistance.
The current status of your application will be shown on the home screen. The statuses are as follows:
- Processing – Your application is currently being reviewed.
- Incomplete – Your application was denied. You will receive an in-app notification discussing your missing requirement(s) or problems with your personal data. To view this notification, tap on the bell on the upper-right of your home screen.
- Ready – Your application is successful and you can now start sending money.