TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read our terms and conditions of service below.
Yehey Japan Co. Ltd. (Yehey Remit)
Effectivity Date February 2020 (初版 2020 年 2 月)
Last updated May 2021 (最新版 2021 年 5 月)
Registration Number: No.00074
Director General of Kanto Local Financial Bureau
資金移動業者 「関東財務局長 第 00074 号」
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
Regulations on Remittance Transactions
This regulation is related to YEHEY REMIT (hereinafter referred to as the “service” defined in the “This Service” chapter) provided by the Company (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”), the agreement on the rights and obligations between the Company and those who wish to use this service, and the conditions for using this service. The service will be provided according to the following regulations.
1. This “service” refers to the following services provided by our company and subsequent other services attached to the “service”, and the contents are as specified in the accompanying document “Outline of this Service”.
YEHEY REMIT (The overseas remittance service, hereinafter referred to as “this remittance transaction”)
2. To use this service, the customer must be a person (non-business individual) who is 20 years old or older or an employed person that is 18 years old or older, living in Japan, or a corporation or business established based on Japanese law or in Self-employment.
3. To use this service, the customer must agree to this regulation and complete the membership registration. We will set the effective date for this service, and only after notifying the user through the Internet, smartphone application, or other appropriate methods to the fact that this regulation will be changed, the content of this regulation after its change and its effective date, only then will the various limits be set and the newly set limits are changed. The restrictions include the conditions for identity verification, the recipient country, the recipient currency, and the remittance limit and number of times of transactions per day, month, or year.
4. After completing the membership registration with us, the Customer can use the wallet that pools the funds for remittance in advance. Funds other than for remittance purposes cannot be pooled in the wallet. The funds pooled in the wallet are not deposits and therefore do not bear interest. The maximum amount of funds that can be pooled in the wallet is 1 million yen. However, if the Company individually notifies the customer of a separate maximum amount, that amount will be the maximum amount. If funds exceeding the maximum amount are pooled, we will ask the customer about the remittance transaction schedule. If you do not plan to transfer money, the customer is required to perform the procedure to transfer the funds accumulated in the wallet to the deposit account by yourself. If the customer does not complete the procedure to transfer money to their deposit account, if the customer cannot answer the inquiry from us, or if the customer answered that remittance is planned, the remittance transaction will be performed. If not, we will transfer the funds accumulated in the wallet to your deposit account and refund them with prior notice. The customer is responsible for the bank fee for refunding the transfer.
Use of this Service
The expiration date of membership registration related to this service shall whichever is shorter between two years after the date of registration or the expiration date of various official documents submitted to the Company for identity verification. If two years have passed since the last use of this service, the Company shall be able to cancel the membership registration. Customers can cancel their membership registration at any time during the contract period. There are no costs associated with canceling membership registration or the erasure of membership data. We will send the customer a notification of the renewal procedure before the expiration date of your membership registration. If the expiration date has passed without renewal, we will suspend the use of the wallet, send a notification that the wallet balance will be refunded, and perform refund processing (transfer) to the bank account registered in advance. If there is a change in the content of your membership registration, please register for the change immediately using the document or method approved by us. If we send postal mail to the address registered by the Customer but it does not arrive, we will check the customer information and will not make any transactions until we can confirm it. Permits, approvals, notifications, and registrations may be required for foreign exchange transactions. We do not handle remittances for which the company is obliged to confirm the completion of remittances, such as requiring prior approval and authorization, notification, registration, etc. under the “Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Law”. Foreign Transaction transactions and trading related to North Korea and Iran will not be handled for any reason. (NNK, NI)
The Granting of Free Points
The Company shall be able to award free points according to the content of the transaction with the customer. Free points can be applied to part or all of the remittance fee, with 1 point equaling an equivalent of 1 yen. The expiration date of the free points is one year from the date when the points are granted or until the date separately determined by the Company before the grant. We are not responsible for any damage or loss caused to the customer by not giving free points. If the customer cancels the membership or the Company cancels the membership registration of the customer based on this regulation, all free points held at that time shall be forfeited by the customer. If we find an error in the number of free points granted, we will notify the customer and correct it to the correct number of free points. If an incorrect free point is given to the customer due to a computer malfunction, etc., which is different from the free points that should have been given to the customer, the Company will notify the customer and correct the number of free points to the accurate number of free points. If we consider that the customer has earned free points fraudulently, some or all of the customer’s free points will be invalidated. If we determine that free points that have been illegally earned by the customer have already been used by the customer according to the prescribed procedure, we shall be able to request the customer to return the amount equivalent to the free points. In this case, the Company shall be able to request a refund by deducting the amount equivalent to free points from the customer’s wallet. If a remittance in which free points are applied to part or all of the remittance fee is unsuccessful due to reasons not attributable to the customer, the Company will return the free points allotted to part or all of the remittance fee to the customer.
1. This service is not a foreign exchange transaction conducted by banks.
2. This service does not accept deposits, savings, fixed deposits, etc. (meaning fixed deposits, etc. prescribed in Article 2.4 of the Banking Act).
3. This service is not subject to the payment of insurance claims stipulated in Article 53 of the Deposit Insurance Law (Law No. 34 of 1971) or Article 55 of the Agricultural and Fisheries Cooperative Savings Insurance Law (Law No. 53 of 1973).
4. Type of fund transfer business: Type 2 fund transfer business
5. A performance deposit system has been established to protect users, and the Company deposits the performance deposit with the Tokyo Legal Affairs Bureau. In the procedure for exercising the right for performance deposit based on Article 59 of the Fund Settlement Law, the right to receive a refund until the recipient receives the remittance funds (in the case of transfer to the recipient’s bank account, until the transfer) is given to the sender.
6. Calculation period and deposit deadline for Type 2 fund transfer business: The calculation period is one week, and deposits will be made within three business days from the last day of the calculation period.
7. Compensation for user loss: We will respond based on the items related to “compensation”.
Remittance transactions that can be carried out by non-business individuals are limited to 2 million yen per month and 5 million yen per year. If there is a limit on the remittance limit based on the laws and regulations of the remittance partner country, the lower of the remittance limits will be used as the remittance limit.
Corporate customers do not have set restrictions on the number of transactions per month and the total amount of remittances, but they need to provide evidence such as invoices or contracts etc. that can confirm that the amount of one transaction is 1 million yen or less. If the amount stated in the invoice or contract etc. exceeds 1 million yen, we will not accept the remittance transaction. If there is a limit on the remittance limit based on the laws and regulations of the remittance partner country, the lower of the remittance limits will be used as the remittance limit.
Depending on the customer’s transaction, we may set various transaction restrictions such as a remittance limit. In that case, we will notify the customer in advance of such transaction restrictions.
Identity Verifications at the time of a Transaction
The company will perform necessary transaction verifications for customers in accordance with the “Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds” and other related laws and regulations. Customers are obligated to send clear images of identity verification documents via the Internet. If the customer sends an unclear image, if we have any doubts about your registered information, or if we suspect that the registered information is an impersonation, we may ask the customer to resend their identity verification documents. If it is determined that the identity verification at the time of a transaction has not been completed or may not be completed in the near future, we may refuse membership registration or the provision of this service.
We shall be able to confirm at any time whether or not the customer who has completed registration has made a remittance request to us, by the method specified by us. If it is determined that someone other than the customer is requesting the remittance, the transaction can be stopped immediately, the wallet can be suspended, and the facts related to the related organizations can be reported.
Changes to the Matters Notified, etc.
If the customer changes his or her name (corporate name), address (location), telephone number, e-mail address, place of employment, or other notification items, he or she shall immediately notify the company by the method set by the company. The Company shall not be liable for any damages caused to the customer due to the change before the Company completes the necessary change procedure regarding the content of the notification.
Anti-Money Laundering and refusal to trade with criminal groups and individuals
1. The Company is prohibited from doing business with specific countries, groups and individuals by the “Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds” and various other applicable laws and regulations in Japan. In addition, the Company will not engage in any business with persons judged to be criminal groups and individuals, and will not respond to violent demands or unreasonable demands beyond legal liability from criminal groups and individuals.
2. We will review all transactions against the list provided by the governments of the countries and regions in which we operate and the list of criminal groups and individuals. If we find a transaction that may match the list, we may ask the customer for additional identity verification documents and other information or documents that we consider necessary. This may delay this service and we may refuse to provide this service. The customer shall not be able to make any objection to the Company regarding such delay or discontinuation of service provision, and shall not be able to claim damages or any other claim.
3. Customers using this service must express and guarantee that none of the following applies.
① Member of an organized crime group
(a) Criminal Organization (An organization that may encourage members of the organization (including members of the organization) to commit violent offences, etc. collectively or habitually).
(b) Member of a Criminal Organization
(c) Those who have not passed five years since they were no longer members of a Criminal Organization.
(d) Associate members of a Criminal Organization (those who have a relationship with a Criminal Organization and who may commit violent or illegal acts with the backing of a Criminal Organization, or those who give funds and/or weapons to Criminal Organizations or members of a Criminal Organizations. A person who cooperates with or is involved in the preservation or operation of a Criminal Organization, such as supplying such information).
(e) Companies with affiliation with Criminal Organizations (Companies in which the members of a Criminal Organization are substantially involved in the management, companies in which are run by Associate members of a Criminal Organization or former members of a Criminal and that actively cooperate with or are involved in the preservation or operation of the Criminal Organization, such as by providing funds to the Criminal Organization, etc. Or, it refers to a company that actively uses the Criminal Organization in the execution of business, etc., and cooperates in the preservation or operation of a Criminal Organization.
(f) Corporate Extortionist, etc. (A person or entity who threatens the safety of the lives and livelihoods of citizens through acts of corporate extortion or blackmail or violence in search of unfair profits).
(g) Extortionists using social campaigns, etc. (A person or entity who threatens the safety of the lives and livelihoods of citizens through engaging in criminal activities under the pretext of conducting social campaigns or political activities or acts of violence in search of unfair profits).
(h) Organized crime syndicates (Any persons or entities other than (a) to (g) who use their power and/or background of their relationship with Criminal Organizations, or who have financial ties with Criminal Organization, or those who are at the core of structural injustice and/or criminal activity.
(i) Any other persons or entities corresponding to (a) to (h).
② Other related parties
(a) Persons or entities who fall under ①(a) to (i) above (hereinafter referred to as “ Criminal Organizations, etc.”) who have a relationship that is recognized as controlling the management of Criminal Organizations, etc.
(b) Persons or entities who have a relationship to Criminal Organizations, etc. and are deemed to be substantially involved in the management of Criminal Organizations, etc.
(c) Persons or entities who have a relationship that is recognized as unfairly using Criminal Organizations, etc., for the purpose of gaining wrongful profits for themselves, a company or a third party, or for the purpose of damaging a third party.
(d) Persons or entities who have a relationship with Criminal Organizations, etc. that is recognized as being involved in providing funds, etc., or providing facilities to Criminal Organizations, etc.
(e) Persons or entities who are substantially involved in a company’s management and have a socially criticized relationship with Criminal Organizations, etc.
We will not provide this service if any of the following items apply. In this case, the Company will not be liable for any damages caused by not conducting the transaction.
1. When the remittance violates foreign exchange-related laws and regulations, such as when the transaction falls under an emergency suspension.
2. When a war, civil war, asset freeze of related financial institutions, suspension of payment, etc. occurs or is likely to occur.
3. When the customer tries to remit the unjust profit gained from a crime, etc., or is suspected of doing so.
4. When the fee for the remittance is not paid.
5. When the documents and certificates requested by the Company based on reasonable judgment are not provided.
6. When the Company determines that the transaction is a high-risk transaction.
Exemption from responsibility due to system failure, disaster, etc.
The Company is not liable for any damages specified in the following items.
1. Damage caused by unavoidable reasons such as disasters, incidents, wars, accidents during transportation, restrictions by laws and regulations, and measures taken by public institutions such as the government or courts.
2. Damage caused by a failure of the terminal, communication line, computer, etc., or the resulting corruption, error, omission, etc., which occurred despite the fact that the Company took considerable safety measures.
3. Damage caused by the customs of the relevant financial institution, etc. or handling in accordance with the prescribed procedures of the relevant financial institution, etc., or damage caused by reasons attributable to the relevant financial institution, etc. other than the Company.
4. Damage caused by reasons attributable to the remittance requester, such as a mistake in the recipient’s name.
5. Damage caused by the message from the remittance requester to the recipient.
6. Damage related to the cause of remittance between the remittance requester and the recipient or a third party.
7. Damage caused before receiving the notification form regarding the use of the adult guardianship system.
8. Damage caused by other reasons other than those attributable to our company.
Limitation of liability
In providing this service, unless otherwise provided by Japanese law or there is intentional or gross negligence, the customer shall be responsible for delays, non-delivery, non-payment or underpayment of this service. We shall not be liable for any damages that exceed the amount paid. In addition, the Company and its business partners shall not be liable for any delays, non-delivery, non-payment or underpayment due to reasons beyond the control of the Company, such as due to the laws of the local country. Under no circumstances shall the Company or its affiliates be liable for incidental, indirect or consequential damages.
1. The customer can apply for compensation to the Company if he or she suffers damage due to any of the following causes.
① Damage caused by unauthorized use of the wallet or this service by a third party due to theft or loss of the terminal on which our application is installed (hereinafter referred to as “user terminal”).
② Unintended use of the customer’s wallet balance by a third party due to circumstances such as theft or fraud of wallet information.
③ Unauthorized use of bank account information, etc. by a third party unintentional by the customer due to circumstances such as bank account information and other information or information related to the wallet in which these are registered are stolen or defrauded.
2. Damage shall be incurred when the customer unintentionally makes an unauthorized remittance or withdrawal (hereinafter referred to as “Unauthorized Use”) in our service due to the cause specified in 1.
3. The customer must take the following actions when making the request in 1.
① If the user terminal is stolen or lost, immediately notify the Company after noticing the theft or loss of the user terminal, and notify the business operator that provides the communication service of the user terminal to cut off the connection to the user terminal.
② Report to the Company and the Police within 30 days from the day when the damage caused by the Unauthorized Use occurred (or the final day if the damage occurred multiple times in a row), and the damage and the occurrence of the damage. Accurately notify the Company and the Police of the occurrence of damages and the existence and content of compensation that the customer can receive from a third party other than our company (including the fact if compensation has already been received) without delay.
③ If we request any documents, information or evidence that we specifically need (including information of the damage report given to the Police if we so request), the customer is to respond without delay.
4. The Company will examine the content of the customer’s report, the results of the investigation by the Company, and all other information, and will compensate for unauthorized use if it is judged not to fall under any of the following.
① In case of unauthorized use caused by the intentional or gross negligence of the customer.
② In the case of unauthorized use by a person related to the customer or a person who uses the user terminal based on the permission of the customer, such as the customer’s family, relatives, cohabitants, persons who take care of their surroundings on behalf of the customer, etc.
③ When the customer violates various terms and conditions established by the Company.
④ When all or part of the report is false or suspected to be false.
⑤ If the customer has gained an unfair advantage in fraudulent use or has cooperated with or suspected to have fraudulent use.
⑥ When the customer is forced by a third party to use it fraudulently.
⑦ If the customer does not make an effort or cooperate in finding unauthorized users and investigating damages.
⑧ If the customer does not make the necessary efforts or cooperation to prevent the occurrence and spread of damages.
⑨ In the case of unauthorized use caused by a significant disruption of social order such as a war or an earthquake.
⑩ All other cases that the Company judges to be inappropriate or insufficient.
5. The content of compensation provided by the Company to the customer shall be the following.
① The Company shall compensate the customer directly and to the extent of the damage actually incurred due to the unauthorized use. In addition, we will bear the fees incurred when making compensation.
② Regardless of ①, the Company will compensate the amount obtained by subtracting the amount collected from a third party other than the Company from the amount of the fraudulent use.
③ Regardless of ①, if the customer can receive compensation from a third party other than the Company for the damage caused by the unauthorized use, only if the amount of damage exceeds the compensation amount from the third party will the Company compensate for the excess amount.
6. If the Company makes compensation based on 4., the customer agrees to assign all rights regarding the Unauthorized Use to the Company.
7. When we consider that it is necessary to suspend or suspend the system due to system maintenance, computer failure, communication line or communication system failure, etc., we may notify the customer in advance and suspend compensation. However, if it is difficult to notify the user in advance, we shall not require prior notification to the customer. The Company shall not be liable for any damages to the user caused by this suspension or interruption.
Member registration deletion
1. The customer can delete or cancel the membership registration by the method prescribed by the Company. The Company may revoke a customer’s wallet at the request of a government agency, legal procedure or other legal procedure such as law.
2. If any one of the following items applies, the Company shall be able to immediately suspend all or part of this service and cancel the customer’s membership registration without notifying the customer in advance. In addition, the Company shall not be liable for any damage caused to the customer due to the suspension of this service or the cancellation or deletion of the membership registration.
① When there is an allegation for suspension of payment, private arrangement, bankruptcy proceedings or civil rehabilitation proceedings.
② When a provisional seizure, preservative seizure or seizure order, or notification is sent to the Company.
③ When an inheritance procedure is started.
④ When the whereabouts of the customer becomes unknown.
⑤ When the customer does not use this service for more than 2 years.
⑥ When the official identity verification document presented to us by the customer has expired.
⑦ When it is found that this service was used or may be used for acts that violate laws and regulations and public order and morals.
⑧ When it becomes clear that the customer does not actually exist, or when it becomes clear that the member registration was conducted without the intention of the customer.
⑨ When it becomes clear that the contents of the information given by the customer is false, or when it becomes clear that the documents submitted by the customer are not genuine.
⑩ When the necessary information and/or documents are not submitted, after the Company requests for information and/or documents to be resubmitted, for reconfirmation of the customer’s identity, etc. (This includes if the customer does not contact us by the deadline set by us, if the notice requesting resubmission sent to the address delivered by the customer is returned to us due to non-delivery, or if the Company cannot contact the customer through the phone number given, etc.)
⑪ When a customer violates this regulation and any transaction regulation, or when any of the other regulations for any transaction or reasons for cancellation set by the Company is violated.
⑫ When, based on the “Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds”, if we ask the customer to cooperate with the interview or submit documents to support the hearing results to monitor the transaction, but the customer refuses to respond to the interview or does not submit the supporting documents. (This includes if the customer does not contact us by the deadline set by us, if the notice requesting resubmission sent to the address delivered by the customer is returned to us due to non-delivery, or if the Company cannot contact the customer through the phone number given, etc.)
⑬ In addition to the items listed in the preceding items, when the Company reasonably determines that a considerable reason requiring the suspension of this service to the customer has occurred.
Prohibition of alienation or pawnage, etc.
All of the customer’s rights based on the transactions under this regulation cannot be transferred, alienated, lent, pledged, pawned or otherwise set to the rights of a third party, or used by a third party.
1. The Company uses personal information obtained from customers or information related to transactions (hereinafter, “personal information”) to outsourced business such as the Company’s main branch offices, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents or affiliated financial institutions (all include those also located overseas) and it shall be possible to provide them this personal information to the extent necessary for the execution of our business related to the storage and management of personal information and the provision of this service.
2. If the Company is requested to submit customer information by law, court procedure or other legal procedure, or at the request of a government agency, it shall be able to comply with the request.
3. Regarding the handling of personal information, in addition to this chapter, we will comply with the laws and regulations related to the Information Protection Law, including “Personal Information Protection Policy” of the Company and the “Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information” in Japan, and we shall comply with the laws and regulations related to the Information Protection Law and the guidelines of the Personal Information Protection Law in the financial field.
4. Our “Personal Information Protection Policy” will be displayed in our money transfer app.
Governing law and designated dispute resolution organization
This service and the relationship between the customer and the Company are governed by and interpreted by Japanese law.
Location and contact information of the consultation center
For inquiries, complaints and to check remittance status, please contact us at the following. Tel: 03-4550-1407. Address: 3-5-3 Chuo Honcho, Adachi-ku, Tokyo, TF Building B Building 1F. E-mail: email@example.com. For inquiries from overseas, please also contact the phone number above.
Financial Alternative Dispute Resolution (Grievance and dispute resolution measures)
The grievance and dispute resolution measures stipulated in the Fund Settlement Law are as follows.
· Grievance measures: Japan Payment Service Association Tel: 03-3556-6261
· Dispute resolution measures: TOKYO BAR Association Tel: 03-3581-0031
Dai-Ichi Tokyo Bar Association Tel: 03-3595-8588
Dai-Ni Tokyo Bar Association Tel: 03-3581-2249
If there is a need for any litigation regarding this regulation, the Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Compliance with laws and regulations
Matters not stipulated in this regulation shall be subject to the prescribed procedures such as laws, customs and related financial institutions in Japan and related countries.
Main Text of this Regulation
If this regulation is created in Japanese, English or any other and there are differences in their contents, the Japanese regulation will take precedence, and considered the true form of the regulation.
Changes to this regulation
Each chapter of this regulation can be changed or if it is deemed that there is a change in the financial situation or other circumstances, or for any other reason and the change or modification will be notified to the customer by displaying the date and content of the change on our website or in the remittance app.
Created May 5th 2021